4 丹尼被送进警察局 Danny was Sent to the Police Station

11

①妈妈:“快看,那不是我们的孩子丹尼吗?”

Mom: “See, isn’t that our son Danny? ”

爸爸:“怎么回事?”

Dad: “What’s wrong?”

园丁:“这个是个偷花的贼,我要把他送到警察局。”

Gardener: “This is a flower stealer and I’ll send him to the police station.”

丹尼:“我没偷花,爸爸。”

Danny: “I didn’t steal the flowers, dad.”

上帝呀,丹尼在被送往警察局的路上遇到了爸爸妈妈。

Jesus Christ! Danny happened to meet his parents on the way to the police station.

然后,在丹尼的想象中,爸爸妈妈会这样救他……

Then, in Danny's imagine his parents would save him in this way…

②爸爸:“你再敢把你那脏手放我儿子身上,我不会放过你。”

Dad: “Move your dirty hand off my son, or I’ll not let you slip.”

园丁:“我不敢了,先生。”

Gardener: “I won’t, sir.”

妈妈:“小可怜丹尼,快来妈妈这儿!”

Mom: “Poor little Danny, come to your mum!”

12

③爸爸:“快滚!”

Dad: “Beat it!”

妈妈:“跟我们去看戏吧。”

Mom: “Let’s go to the theater.”

④爸爸:“丹尼,要有人欺负你,你就告诉我,我帮你修理他们。”

Dad: “Danny, if someone bullies you, tell me and I’ll punish them for you.”

丹尼:“有这样的父母真好。”

Danny: “It’s so lucky to have such good parents. ”

可这只是梦!之后发生的事情是这样的:

However, this was nothing but a dream! The fact was that:

⑤妈妈:“丹尼?”

Mom: “Danny?”

爸爸:“你先去看戏,我看看怎么回事。”

Dad: “You go to the theater first and I’ll see what happens.”

园丁:“快点!”

Gardener: “Quickly!”

⑥法官:“你身为这小子的父亲,不该为自己的孩子缺乏管教而忏悔吗?”

Judge: “As the father of the brat, don’t you confess for your inadequate upbringing of your child?”

爸爸:“说得对!”

Dad: “You said it!”

哇,爸爸听得真投入!

Wow, Father listened so carefully!

13

⑦爸爸怎么怒气冲冲的!

How angry Father is!

⑧爸爸:“臭小子,看我不揍死你!”

Dad: “Brat, you deserve a deathly beating!”

丹尼:“哎哟!”

Danny: “Whoops!”

⑨爸爸:“很久没揍你了!”

Dad: “It’s quite long for a beating!”

⑩爸爸:“岳母,您怎么来了?”

Dad: “Mum, why are you here?”

外祖母:“快住手,作为一个父亲,竟然用打屁股来教育孩子,真不知羞耻!”

Grandma: “Stop it! It’s shameless for a father to educate his child through beating!”